Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Amazing My Disney World Experience iPhone App!

Each second year, our family is blessed to attend Epcot Center's Food & Wine Festival at Disney World.


It's a lot of fun.  Surprise guests come and stay with us and often we find ourselves outside after the kids go down to hit the hot tub!   Yahoo!  What fun!  My older daughter seen in the front is not attending with us this year, as she's in her junior year of high school and the PSAT's start for her today so she's preparing for college and cannot afford to miss school.  Rats, that's our babysitter! 

Standing behind her is my stepsister Courtney, a fabulous babysitter and excellent with kids.  Maybe she'll babysit my two daughters and niece.  They are all at age 5 so it should be a piece of cake for her to sit with them.  They can watch Snow White again this year (no maybe not a good idea, the witch is horrifying in that picture)......or maybe Sleeping Beauty, the evil witch Maleficent is not as intense in that one?

When our family gets together, we usually have a place in place.  This year most people don't want a plan: they want the pool and relaxation.  This year I actually want to visit all the parks and that's where the Disney My Disney Experience app for iPhone comes in!! 

It gets five stars from me.  So far, after creating a log in, you can plan your entire trip from your phone.  I'm old fashioned by nature so I was surprised I wanted this app.  I was referred by one parent at a park when I had already researched it myself, so she just confirmed my curiosity.  It's worth downloading and keeping it close by when in the parks. Have that phone charged!


This app allows me to check into my calendar and adjust my reservations, for example I booked a breakfast with the characters at Akershus in Norway at Epcot.  It's an early start for our day but as one Disney customer service professional explained it, "you can always call us back and will look at all the parks to find a different breakfast, lunch or dinner with the characters that accommodates your needs."  

This is fantastic news I tell her!  She also informed me that I can do all of this from my smart phone and that's even better........so when my family has stopped for a treat in France, I can check my smart phone for times for fireworks, concerts, or dining reservations all at my fingertips!!!  No need to call Disney reservations and wait and wait. 

One thing I want to point out: stay patient.  I think that's the key and if your traveling with a big party, polite communication is key.  Here are the concerned mother pics:  I have my daughter here saving her from space aliens and my husband is taking over the universe!  


At the end of it all, having some adult time at Disney is key!
When I look back I wouldn't change a thing.  Being with my family even if I don't always cooperate, is worth every minute being together at Disney.  The My Disney World Experience app is going to be an even bigger help with FastPass. From the app, book your FastPass events!!!  How easy when your somewhere else in Magic Kingdom and in Fantasy Land you want to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride and the wait is an hour. With five year old toddlers, waiting sometimes is not an option which makes this app worth having!

This seems silly but take your children to the rest room before entering any popular ride............asking is not an option.  They have to go................and you know what, the app shows you the map in clean color and where the restrooms are!  Pinterest also helped me in my Disney World planning.  Lots of options for kids. Just do a little research.

Enjoy your Disney trip people because memories are being made.  :)

No comments: