Friday, August 7, 2015

Adding pops of "Red' Infuse a Home with Happy

Pops of Red infuse a room with Happy!  (Pinterest)
I never loved red but now fresh and back on the scene is the color red.  Previously loved it. Decorated my home with red iron roosters, table linens, wall art and then I went to neutrals. Put all the delicious red items in the basement.  Bye bye red.

Cut to current.  I love red now.  It's back.  Red lipstick. Love.  That's what it is.  It brings color to a space in small doses for me.  I found the bench below in my hometown of Annapolis.  I had been dreaming of a foyer bench with some grit.  I didn't want Pottery Barn.  Too predictable.  I wanted something that spoke to me in shades of red.  I called the store I mentioned and asked them if they had any benches (this was after I visualized it being there!) and they said, "yes come on over we have one outside waiting for you." 

Incredulous, I decided to ride over straight off while my precocious little girls were at preschool.  I saw the bench in question, called my husband and asked him what he thought and then I happily bought it.  The bench somewhat reminded me of one in my elementary school nurses office.  Although dated with a few scruff marks in fair blue, the bench was sold and in my care.  I promised to take care of it and keep it in our family's home wherever we end up.
The bench that reminds me of Edgewater Elementary School
It brings life to my foyer.  It's wear the kids baskets of shoes and sun essentials are stored for now.  I love this space.  The bench might scream "I need a blanket!" for the Fall but for now we're comfortable.  I love it and recently I went out on a limb (remember I'm a neutral girl) and bought a red colored candle in juicy mango.  Oh what an adventurer I am!!!! 

Happy Friday Friends.  Do one thing Everyday that Makes YOU happy. 

No comments: