Monday, August 3, 2015

Fried Tofu in Olive Oil and Brewer's Crumbs-Delicious!


I normally don't take photos of food.  I'm not a pro photographer but I love when something comes out great and when I make this recipe in the house, people in my family come running.  I apologize in advance for the non-professional photo but I thought you'd love this recipe and without a photo it really isn't as much fun and did I mention how much energy this little dish offers, we'll you won't stop at just eating one slice!

I'm also grateful to a friend named Aaron of Bowie from the Maryland Rebirthing Academy for lending me this recipe.  The fried tofu deliciously complimented fresh bread from the Springmill Bread Company out of Bethesda, Maryland.  Local honey and fresh butter left out at room temperature completes the breakfast.

Fried Tofu with Brewer's Crumbs
1 container of Extra Firm Tofu
1 Bottle of Bragg's Liquid Aminos
1 TBS of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup of Brewster's Yeast Bread Crumbs

Pour some of your favorite olive oil in your favorite saute pan and gradually hit up the stove.  Next, I drain the tofu's liquid and then wipe the tofu down with a paper towel.  I then slice the tofu, marinate each slice in one large bowl and next dredge the tofu slice in the Brewer's Crumbs.  It side should be thoroughly coated.  Sometimes I even add some ground flax seed into the crumb mix just for the extra fiber and omega 6's.  (Bob's Redmill Natural Foods)

Fry a couple of minutes on each side. This week my husband and I served our tofu dish with fresh tomatoes from our garden and fresh mozzarella from our favorite local grocer, Graul's Local Food Market, Annapolis, Maryland.  Graul's is famous for it's cole slaw and fried chicken but it's much more than that, it's where the locals shop for that small town feel!  We love Graul's!  Enjoy the fried tofu and let me know what you think!

www.graulsmarket.com





No comments: